Contribute: Volunteer Your Time
The North Carolina Symphony Volunteer GroupWho are we?
The North Carolina Symphony Volunteer Group coordinates volunteer opportunities for people who love the Symphony. Participation is free and open to anyone who is interested in making sure the Symphony has the resources to fulfill its mission and serve its audiences!
What do we do?
We assist with education programs, provide support and help to NCS staff members, coordinate fundraising events and serve as ambassadors at concerts and in the community.
Why do we volunteer?
Most of all, because it is fun! We enjoy what we do, and getting to know the musicians and staff. We know we are helping the Symphony provide top-quality orchestral music across the entire state. And, we believe that great music matters.
What can you do?
Your Symphony needs volunteer help with:
• Volunteering at Will Call
• Welcoming arriving patrons at Meymandi Concert Hall and other performance venues
• Assist with “Support Your Symphony” or season ticket sales tables
• Assist with pre-concert lectures
Work with staff to help with...
• Filing and organization
• Serving as a neighborhood, civic or social group liaison
• Representing the Symphony at community festivals, fairs and fundraisers
• Registering participants at the Teacher Workshop
• Guiding students at the Youth Concerto Competition
• Helping children at the MetLife Instrument Zoo prior to each Young People’s Concert
How can you participate?
If you would like to be a part of any of the opportunities listed here or are interested in helping in other ways, please contact the Symphony office at 919.789.5501 or email@example.com.